2013 NC Dirt Classic XC Series
The 2013 Dirt Classic Series registration is open!
(https://www NULL.bikereg NULL.com/Net/19237)
The 2013 Dirt Classic XC Series is a USAC Santioned XC Series with race 1 on private land** in Grass Valley, CA and races 2 & 3 on US Forest Service land 20 minutes east of Nevada City.
** The Grass Valley course is not open to the public and is not available for riding outside of these race events. Please respect this request or we will lose our permission to use this excellent course. Thanks! **
2013 Specialized Mountain Bike Raffle…
Race dates, waivers (print & bring), and results:
- June 15 Private Course Grass Valley: Results – Race 1 | Start Times | Rider Waiver | Volunteer Waiver
- June 29 Hallelujah Trail Nevada City: Results – Race 2 | Start Times | Rider Waiver | Volunteer Waiver
- July 27 Hallelujah Trail Nevada City: Results – Race 3 | Start Times | Rider Waiver | Volunteer Waiver
Registration Opens: 7am
Race start time: Check each date above for a link to the official start times. 1st wave off at 10am with mandatory pre-race meeting at 9:45 at start line.
Race Cost: Adult $30.00, Junior $20.00, 5 y.o. & under FREE (*Add $5 for Same Day Registration)
Awards and raffle following races.
USACycling Mountain Bike Categories:
- PRO - Professional
- CAT 1 - Expert / Semi Pro
- CAT 2 - Sport
- CAT 3 - Beginner
Race 1 Course Info:
It is a 4+ mile course with approximately 700’ of climbing per lap. Mostly single track with sections of tight two track running under a forest canopy. The course runs on the side of a hill and is twisty, up and down, and offers a fun challenge for beginners and experts alike.
Race 2 & 3 Course Info:
We run an approximate 5 mi loop connecting the Pioneer and Hallelujah Trails about 20 min east of Nevada City on USFS land. The bulk of the course is under Tahoe National Forest canopy and is mostly singletrack.
Race 2 & 3 Directions:
- From Nevada City, take CA-20 towards I-80. Pass White Cloud CG and watch for the blue 1000’ Omega Vista sign, and take immediate right on FS Rd 20-09. Drive 0.5 miles and watch for parking volunteer.
- From Reno, take CA-20 west from I-80. Pass Washington Rd and the Omega Vista pullout on right. Immediately following vista, take first left on FS Rd 20-09. Drive .05 miles and watch for parking volunteer.
“Nevada City Dirt Classic(XC)” event name is resurrected!
This event name was last used in 2000, by owners of Extreme Outfitters Bicycles, Charlie and Kim Cuisinot. We hope to see returning and new cyclists at our summer race series in Nevada County. This is a new fundraiser series, benefitting Youth Bicyclists of Nevada County Foundation Programs for school bike club youths. “Thank You” to the Tahoe N.F. for permitting us this recreational event and at the same time helping us to support our mission.
- Carpool o Pack-it-in and pack-it-out
- Bring water, bike & helmet & cowbells o Ride-it, Don’t-Slide-It
- Ride Friendly
YBONC Foundation’s mission is to engage youths to the outdoors, promoting a positive and healthy lifestyle with the sport of cycling. We accomplish this by supporting school bike clubs and hosting a variety of bike related activities with our programs. For more, visit ybonc.org
And of course…
Be part of the “LET’S MOVE CAMPAIGN”
…America’s Move to Raise a Healthier Generation of Kids!
Don’t Forget…2013 Specialized Mountain Bike Raffle!
Catered by Rico’s Tacos (http://www NULL.facebook NULL.com/pages/Ricos-Tacos-Taqueria/133702826705469) of Grass Valley, CA
Closest US Forest Service Campgrounds: (http://www NULL.forestcamping NULL.com/dow/pacficsw/tahcmp NULL.htm)Search for: Skillman Campground, White Cloud Campground
Scotts Flat Lake Campground (http://www NULL.scottsflatlake NULL.net)
The Outside Inn, Nevada City, CA (http://www NULL.outsideinn NULL.com)
More options in Grass Valley (http://www NULL.grassvalleychamber NULL.com/lodging NULL.aspx)
More options in Nevada City (http://www NULL.nevadacitychamber NULL.com/stay NULL.cfm)
For excellent swimming, head just pass the town of Washington for public access to the South Yuba River.
Questions? Send email to: email@example.com
Our Wonderful Sponsors!