YBONC Membership & Club Tools
Below are our 2023 waivers for reference. You will be asked to read and sign during your registration session.
**Note** In order to qualify as a full active YBONC Member, you must digitally agree to our two (2) waivers during registration.
Why? Not only does your membership help us in providing nutrition, equipment, and training in cycling related programs for elementary and high school aged youth, you gain access to:
- Access the group rate of $65 if you register with AirMedCare Network Air Ambulance through our group plan (details when you register with us). No one wants to be in a situation of requiring air transport, but if you are, your bill will start at $25k…
- As a registered USA Cycling Member, we offer their insurance during official YBONC supported programs and events
- You are covered by our insurance when trail building/maintenance.
- Members are invited to annual events as both a participant and/or a volunteer.
- Access to Jet’s amazing cooking!
- We are one of the most efficient, money to action not-for-profit organizations you’ll ever join. 100% pure volunteer run (1000s of hours per year) + very low overhead.
Our Community Events:
- Summer: California Dirt MTB Race Series
- Sep: Grouse Fest (collaboration trail projects with FS and local trail organizations)
- Oct: United Trails Day Project(collaboration trail projects w/ Nevada Co. Land Managers)
- Fall: Womens MTB Skills Clinic & Camp
YBONC is proud to assist and work directly with Nevada County local youth bike clubs. We can provide forms, advice, networking, and more.
We work with the following local clubs:
- Miners High School Mountain Bike Team
- Clear Creek School Bike Club
- Union Hill Bike Club
- Seven Hills Bike Club
- Lyman Gilmore Bike Club
- Mount Saint Marys Bike Club
- Grass Valley Charter Club
- Yuba River Charter Club
We have a large base of cyclists and cycling groups here in Nevada County and surrounding counties. There is a club or advocacy group for nearly every aspect of cycling. Below is a list of organizations that we work with to promote biking, develop trails, and advance safe riding routes for all cyclists.
The success of a school bike club is parent and volunteer involvement, creating a model of physical fitness activity for youths, families, and communities. Engaging youths early on to physical activities as part of a healthy lifestyle reduces later onset illnesses such as obesity, diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, etc.
CDC-Center of Disease Control describes physical activity facts on youths:
CDC- Center of Disease Control describes parent engagement:
CDC-Center of Disease Control Youth Risks/Behavior Data and Statistics: