The Women’s MTB Clinic has been postponed to October 13 & 14. We apologize for any inconvenience but after thoughtful consideration of weather and safety, we decided it was best to postpone. Registered participants should have received an email with next steps. If you did NOT receive an email, please email Jet at email@example.com.
With miles of public multi-use trails trail on Tahoe NF, Empire Mine State Park, and Bear Yuba Land Trust, our skill clinic is designed to inspire, strengthen, build confidence and camaraderie among women. Our passion is to spread the word that mountain biking is a fun sport for everyone, and is a great connectivity to the outdoors.
Mountain biking enriches your mind, body, and soul. Learning bike handling with other women increases confidence and gives a better sense of enjoyment and trail love when riding your bike. Our three certified mountain bike instructors are from California and have a fun program for women to improve your learning experience at various skill stations, each with various background to teach beginners the basics, to fine tune those improvements for advanced riders. When off your bike, you’ll be enjoying our gourmet meals, and our Nevada County hospitality. Please be sure to complete our 2 surveys at our event website to help us plan. There is a MTB Skill Level Guide pdf to help you when completing the MTB Experience survey.
This event will be canceled in the event of snow.
- On-line pre-registration at BikeReg.com
- Complete the 2 Doodle Poll surveys above for bike experience and meal preferences. Do this ASAP because we can’t admit you ‘til you do!
- Get your mountain bike tuned: working front brakes and rear brakes, working gears, tires in good condition and inflated properly.
- Look at our Required & Recommended Gear list and ensure you are properly outfitted.
Jersey Order Details:
- ORDER YOUR JERSEY HERE
- Comp code will be emailed to you after on-line registration completed.
- View sizing chart before you order.
- Last day to order jersey is TBA.
- Cancellation email received by TBA will receive a full refund, less $50 admin fee.
- Cancellation email received by TBA will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds after TBA Friday.
- To cancel, send us cancellation email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
8:00 – 9:00 am – Breakfast “Meet & Greet” in Main Lodge
- Check-in for MTB skills clinic at The Inn Town Campground in Main Lodge
- Breakfast: Coffee/Tea/Juice, Yogurt, Fruit, Oatmeal
- Introductions, name plates
9:00 – 10:00am – Bike / Helmet Checks
- Head over to bike check station, more introductions
(Near Event Banner and picnic tables)
- 10am meet for group photo under event banner (bring bike & helmet)
- Skill Building
- Braking, Body Position, Cornering and More
12 Noon – Lunch
- Chicken or Vegetarian BQ Skewers plus other goodies
(If you have camping reservations, ask office if ok to check-in to camping site)
- More skill building!
- Let’s Ride! Self Shuttle to Pioneer Trail where we have a variety of trails to choose from
- Set up Camp, Shower, Social Hour, RELAX!
- Dinner at Inn Town Campground Main Lodge
- Discussions with Amy Morrison, Bike maintenance with Evan Smith, WTB
- Breakfast at The Inn Town Campground Main Lodge
- Camp break down (Check out is 11am so you’ll have to be packed before we start riding for the day)
- Skill building on site
- Building on the skills we worked with on Saturday
- Head to trailhead up Highway 20
- Run Hoot Trail
- Meet for Lunch at Harmony Ridge Market (or TBA)
- Evaluation/clinic survey
- What did you learn and what will you work on?
- Free ride! Hoot laps! Coaches will be out riding and you may join in for as many or as few laps as you like.
- Bicycle in good working order (visit your local shop if in doubt)
- Water bottle/hydration pack
- Warm clothes: base layer, insulating layer, jacket, tights, rain pants, plastic bags or booties for shoes
- Glasses (for protection – corrective are great if you already use them)
- Elbow/knee/hip padding are not necessary but if they make you feel comfortable, bring em!
- Note book
We are partnered with Inn Town Campground in Nevada City, CA. Rates and taxes included in clinic cost if you select Glamping option when registering. If no lodging is needed, please select appropriate clinic option!
We only reserved campsites and 12 glamping tents and need confirmation by 2017 Mar 1st. After Mar 1st, we will release them for public reservations. Glamping tents have 1 queen size bed 2 electric heating pads.
* If you are not camping, PLEASE carpool if possible. Parking is limited.*
And speaking of parking…
For those lodging at the InnTownCampground, you may leave your car in their lot, of course.
For those attending the clinic daily, you must park on New Mohawk Rd or in one of the empty business lots. We are not allowed to use the Railroad Museum lot and the InnTownCampground lot is only for lodge guests. Thank you!